Saturday, September 18, 2010

We have a date..and what a date!

We finally have a date! The doctors finally scheduled our C-section with the hospital, it will be September 27, which is our wedding anniversary day! Two years married that day and we will receive our first son, what a wonderful day will it be! That will be week 38 and 1 day for Colin. I really wanted him to be born on week 39 (October 4) as they had told me, but the doctors waited too long to schedule it and the date was already taken.
This was very frustrating. For about a month we were requesting this day to be schedule with the hospital and the doctor would say "Don't worry, you are a priority because of your special case"..Well, guess what we were not..I kind of knew this could have happened because I'm sure I'm not the only woman in the city with a special case. Something that I have learned from this is that "we are our babies advocates" Sometimes we need to get strong and try to explain the way we want things with the doctors. I learned this from the support group ladies.
This Thursday and Friday I have to go to the hospital to get the steroid shots for the baby's lungs. These are the shots they put for preemie babies to help them breathe. Colin is not a preemie but it will not hurt for him to get the shots either.
For the C-section my doctor is saying he would like to do a vertical incision...I really do not want a vertical incision. I have read that it is riskier and the recovery time longer. I also know that other ladies from the group only had a regular horizontal incision..but I still don't know what incison it's going to be. I trust in God and I know we are in God's hands and everything will be fine.
Well, I think my next post in the blog will be to post Colin's pictures :) Please we need your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kari!!! Good luck on Monday, we will be thinking of you and your little man.
    -Morgan (Jackson's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari,
    How are things going been waiting a long time to find out how everything went, hope all is well

    ReplyDelete